What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Being a Missionary


Oh, before I forget, first of all, I forgot my journal today so I cannot send you the rest of my notes from Elder Bednar

There were 16 people that had committed to come to church yesterday... 30 minutes into church, nobody was there... =( On Saturday, we called all of the auxileries to let them know a bunch of people of varying ages were coming. About half way though Sacrament meeting, four of them showed up! Hurray! They almost didn't come because they don't like to be late to things. The rest never did. We talked to them yesterday, and they gave us excuses. They ought to have let us know that they weren't coming. However, on Saturday we received a media referral (mormon.org referral in this case). He sent it for himself requesting a missionary visit. It turns out he lives on a part of the military base that we can't set foot on, and his phone was off and didn't have a voicemail set up yet so we couldn't see him. We called him again Sunday and it turns out that he was church yesterday! He came on his own accord with a friend. He was in the back so we didn't see him. That's kind of cool, so we'll be teaching him this week. 

I am excited to hear where Joshua and Ryan end up going. If I've kept track correctly, Ryan should be receiving his mission call this week, so you'll know by next week. That would be pretty cool is Ryan came here speaking English and Joshua went to North Carolina speaking Spanish, that'd be pretty funny too. [Ryan's brother, Elder Burnham, is serving in North Carolin Spanish speaking; Joshua's brother, the elder for the blog, is serving in South Carolina English speaking].

It sounds like you (Mother), Monica, and Alexandria, through the many blogs she does, are amazing missionaries keep up the good work. Once again, my favorite thing to receive from anybody is spiritual insights. Whether from the scriptures, or other spiritual stories or whatever, I love them all!

I love you all too
Elder Benjamin Ray Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment