What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, January 9, 2012

The Beginning of a New Year

Sent by Elder Walker, Monday:
We had four investigators at church yesterday! and they are all really solid (solid = interested in learning more). However one of them is on parol (parol might be spelled wrong, means like probation) so he can't get baptized any time soon. However we set 2 1/2 other people on date that didn't end up coming to church for Feb 4th, but we talked to one of them Sunsay night, and they just had a busy/bad day but they are still interested and still on date. So, by the end of next week we'll probably have 5 people on date. 
Yesterday, and Friday night I rode out to Dorchester with a member to see a member referral. Yesterday I rode in a convertible (in the middle of January). Summerville has very dramatic weather changes, one day it's super hot and humid and three days later it is ice cold and humid. Yesterday was a hot day and last week was a cold week. Anyway, I got a picture of my companion, Elder Winger, and I in a convertible, I've never rode in one before I don't think.

This week Elder Winger was gone somewhere else for Wed and Thurs. Wednesday, I went in a trio companionship with Elder Hancock and Elder Thayne, and Thurs I worked with Elder Hansen in my area (both days were my area, the trio was both mine and their area (because we're both in Summerville, west and east Summerville)). Yes, this is the same Elder Hansen that I knew at the MTC. How 'bout that. it was lots of fun both days.
 Here's a few photos he sent us as well!




No comments:

Post a Comment