What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Baptism, Soon to be Training, Testimony


The baptism of Abigail went well. She's nine years old and I am super impressed with her commitment to Heavenly Father. There was great nurturing of her seed of the Word of God and her faith is unmistakably devoted to God's will for her. She probably knows more about the gospel for going to church for the last 3 or 4 months than I did at that time when I was nine. I'm very impressed with her.

Since I've discovered that you'll probably find out anyway because there is probably a letter like the last one you got that is going to come to you, I'm training a new missionary as of Wednesday Feb 13th here in Orangeburg; and I'm really excited for the opportunity to do so. (So Joshua, if you have any questions or suggestions about training a new missionary, I'd love to hear from you.) I probably won't have time to write any letters today. There is a lot of stuff to do... members always want to take us out to eat or make us dinner and with the time crunch with Elder Gonzalez leaving, it includes lunch too.

We are doing a pretty good job at involving/inviting members to do missionary work with us. The ward has developed a great relationship with the missionaries and they are praying regularly for "the missionaries" in our ward and for missionary opportunities for themselves.

Side note: next week is some sort of holiday, the library will be closed then. So expect a delayed email or perhaps an email sent on Tues.
I don't know why I'm all of a sudden out of things to say. I always have so much I want to tell you about right up until I start typing it all, then I forget everything or sum it up in a single sentence.

The work is definitely hastening. That I've been a witness to even in my isolated location of Orangeburg, South Carolina. It's a good thing the Lord's in charge concerning his work; you'd have to be a pretty good planner to figure out who goes on a mission or receives a calling when and where in the entire world to be the most effective about spreading the gospel to all nations, kindred, tongues, and people.

You are a good missionary mother! Keep it up.

I had previously always thought it was odd that sometimes that you (Dad) wait till the last minute to start packing for your week trip to Albuquerque. I have since learned that it really doesn't take that long to pack. If you do it enough times, you know exactly what you need where to get it and how to pack it.

I don't know why I'm out of things to say, but I am.

I'll just bear my testimony then:
I have come to realize in my life that the spirit influences righteous actions as long as I'm striving to do my best. Whether it is in planning for the next day, tracting, making phone calls, or visiting LA, former investigators, or presenting ideas to the ward council, etc, as long as it persuadeth men to believe in Christ and inviteth men to do good, it is from God (thanks to Joshua: Moroni 7:16 and surrounding verses). I know that this work is divinely orchestrated for our benefit. I have gained a testimony that no matter the circumstance, honesty is right 100% of the time and being a good example in difficult circumstances is always the right thing to do. I'm very grateful that the gospel blesses my life so much. Blessings are predicated upon the obedience of the law that God has established. It doesn't matter if you're living in a cardboard box eating bugs. When positive changes in life are yearned, pray earnestly for direction, then follow through with that direction, such as being worthy of a temple recommend including paying tithing. I know the gospel is true. Or I would have figured out I'm wasting my time and left the mission already. Ha! The Holy Ghost has manifested to me these things and witnessed to me of their truthfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment