What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Snow 'til Noon


I forgot to bring my planner where I made some notes of things to say. Of the things I can remember: It snowed yesterday. That was kind of cool. Snow stayed on the ground till about noon, sometime during church. That was fun. About time it snowed on my mission. Apparently everything shuts down when it snows. Nobody knows how to drive on the snow, even with just an inch or two or three, they shut down several schools less than an hour north of us. In Idaho or Utah, I can't imagine school being shut down for anything. I have thoroughly enjoyed the time I've been able to spend with Elder Johnson thus far. He's from Utah somewhere. We are emailing from a member's computer today, and we recently just finished playing basketball with Bishop and his son and a less-active member, whose computer we are using.

I'm glad to hear about my friends back in Modesto that are preparing for a mission. That is awesome. I'm excited that Ryan is now finally on his mission. He's been waiting a while for it now. He's probably long been ready to go. Collin and Jessica will both be great missionaries too. Collin is leaving with the Taylor boys... hmm... who are they again? I don't remember who the Taylor boys are. 
I've had some great studying about the Gift of the Holy Ghost and I am amazed about how much I have learned about it and I've realized that I should use the Gift of the Holy Ghost better as a teaching tool for what investigators should look forward to when they are going to be baptized. It's been a really good study. It's a lot easier to study when you are specifically looking for something when you actually study.

It's time to depart. love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment