What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Inner Commitment to the Savior


So to answer the question: [The news that missionaries can email more individuals] was a letter sent from the "brethren" to all the mission presidents in the world with those facts in them that we can email "priesthood leaders," "friends," and "recent converts" with all interpretation of those definitions left up to the mission presidents. Time is also left up to the mission presidents. I am allowed 75 minutes of email now.

Mother, I get dessert at every meal too. =-) I still eat till I'm more than full at every meal and am usually always served desert afterwards.

From what it sounds like the "Adam God Theory" that you mentioned mother I think I know what Joshua is talking about. I have actually read a couple pages excerpt in the Journal of Discourses where Brigham Young (I'm pretty sure it was him) went into great detail on some theory about how Adam was actually the person who was Jesus' Father. It was a conversation of sorts and they explained how some other person came to that conclusion and it made sense the way he explained it (but of course it didn't feel right), it was very detailed and specific for how the other people came to that false conclusion, but at the end he denounced the theory as an abomination.

This past week was fun. One of our investigators is going to the Philippines in two days (on Wednesday). But our discussion we had with him really impressed him and he invited us to speak to his security team. He owns a company that does something with a security team. He set it up at the mall of Saturday morning and gave us 5 minutes to speak. We weren't sure how long we'd have to talk until we got there. We figured at worst 5 min and best 2 hours. We ended up taking 10 minutes though. He started his meeting talking about how he's leaving to the Marshal Islands (I guess he's going to both places) in a couple days and he talked about tolerance. He introduced us and told everyone that he was really impressed with us and invited us to speak to them for a few moments. He said that he asked us some "very hard questions" and was "very impressed with the answers". He must have felt the Spirit when we answered, because these were the "very hard questions" he asked us a few days before:
He said something to the effect of: "Is it ok if I ask you some hard questions? You two are great guys and I'm asking sincerely and not trying to offend you. Are there girl missionaries?"
We said "Yes, and there are a lot more coming on the way into the mission too."
His other "hard question" was: "I've never seen a Mormon that is African American, Mexican, or Chinese, are there any?"
This question was particularly humorous as half our ward is Mexican or African American. We answered, "Yes, there are lots of them."
That was the extent of his "Hard questions."
He had 14 employees in attendance in this meeting in some back side room of the mall. It was fun. We left lots of media for them to take freely of with our investigator with a list of our contact info and church time and location.

I recently stumbled upon "josephsmithpapers.org" as I read everything about the new scriptures the church is releasing in august. That is very interesting. I'm going to look into that after my mission a lot more.

This morning I decided to finally start reading some of my family history stuff Grandma and Grandpa left with me. I made it a goal, I'm pretty good a making an effort to act on my goals too. I'm actually interested in learning a little bit more about my extended family now...

I believe one of the greatest measures of my inner commitment to the Savior is doing what is right in whatever circumstance I happen to be in without thinking about it, just out of instinct. I find that in dreams there really is no time to ponder at all, you just go and do. I have also found great purpose driven and uplifting attitudes result from realizing that I made the right decision without thinking about it, such as in a dream, which to me means that it may be part of my second nature self. That is probably comforting, Monica, that you automatically had that desire to find the Savior.

Love you all!
~Elder Benjamin Ray Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment