What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Learn Your Language of the Spirit


I had a point in my life (when I was pretty young I'm pretty sure) where I didn't think meetings could ever be interesting because I became so easily bored. I love meetings now. It is a privilege to hear members of the 70 and Quorum of the 12 speak. They bring the spirit really strongly. The baptism did go well, You'll receive pictures eventually. We forgot to take pictures before the baptism happened so, we're all dressed up in suits.

I find it interesting that Sister Bassett talked about the language of the Spirit. Several months ago I decided to read chapter 7 of Preach My Gospel, which is the language chapter. I read it with the mindset of everytime it said "learn your language" I added "of the spirit." It was a neat study. It gave me good excuse to read the chapter.

Something else I've come to learn while I have been a missionary is that the Lord rewards diligence. I've found that even if we desire something evil, he will eventually reward us with our desire, but there would have always been something better you could have had. The Lord knows best, thus it is a good idea to trust him and seek his will for us.

And now I come unto you again, in the evening of the day, to rehearse unto you the things I have learned from my Father in Heaven. I have searched continually by study and also by prayer that the Lord would give unto me the secrets of kingdom regarding faith. I have read the book long and hard that I might receive even a witness of the governing principle of faith. I have a work to do in the book which holds the secrets of Godliness. I have established a firm foundation in the words of the book; my works have reached that of Jacob chapter 7. I am pressing forward feasting upon the words of Christ and will endure to the end of the month in finishing the book with a constant battle of more than 9 chapters per day. The 20 chapters behind cannot stop this work from progressing, though persecution may rage and mobs may combine; with God all things are possible. I will firm up my foundation of faith, even in Christ, when those earthquakes come upon me, even the mighty winds; they shall have no power over me to drag me down because of the faith in which I will have. The spirit maketh all things known unto me. Wherefore, I shall not fail.

Hmh, I remember that Joshua asked me something in the last email I received as a letter... I don't remember what it was. Maybe I'll write you a letter today Josh to answer your concern. It's lots more fun to add all the scripture references anyway.

As far as your teaching with seminary, mother, I too have come to realize, because of the new way they are teaching the Sunday school classes, that information isn't the goal. Rather participation and the teaching them how to fish for themselves is the goal. Sounds like you are doing a good job though. Praying with all the energies of your soul will bring you the answers for your seminary class that you need. Promise. I've seen it happen a couple of times in other ways for teachers and leaders seeking for what they should share with the people they have responsibilities over.

Love you all!
Elder Benjamin Ray Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment