What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, October 17, 2011

The Call and Farewell

Hi everybody!
This is Elder Walker's sister, Alexandria. I'll be keeping this blog updated for all of you who wish to know how he's doing for the next two years. He'll be a bit preoccupied serving the Lord. I plan to put snippets of his letters in here as well as photographs. But for those of you who know Benjamin, you will know that it may not be a lot. I'll be making sure that he keeps all of us well informed though.

Ben has been called to the South Carolina Columbia Mission and received his call back in June. Here's a video of him receiving said call if you want to know what it was like to be there:

Yesterday, he gave his farewell talks. He gave two of them, each entirely different because of the separate topics assigned. He gave one of them in our home ward where we've grown up. The other was given in our YSA branch. Our home ward assigned him the topic of the Atonement and our YSA branch assigned him the topic of Obedience. They were both really well given, especially considering they are really intense topics. We thank our family and friends for coming to one or the other. It meant a lot to us all.

Today, he is finishing up his packing and spending the day with his family. Tomorrow, after my siblings attend seminary, we are having him set apart at the church building. As soon as that is done, he and Elder Russell Fischer will be flying into the Salt Lake City airport. On Wednesday, October 19, 2011 they will be reporting in to the Provo MTC. It also happens to be Elder Walker's 19th birthday. I think that's a pretty great birthday present if I say so myself.

We are all so excited for him!

If you'd like to comment on these posts, I'll make sure to past them along to Elder Walker. If you'd like to write him a letter, write to him using the MTC address that is on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment