What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Missionary Work like a Roller Coaster

Elder Benjamin Walker:
Missionary work is like a roller coaster. There are some really high "high"s and not very low "low"s when you look at the big picture of things; unlike a rollar coster missionary work is on a general upwards path. There are a couple of people in our ward that have are preparing themselves to be baptized. It was just a matter of time before these couple of people got baptized. 
Here's a talk Joshua can read: "An Appeal to Prospective Elders" ~ Boyd K. Packer. I might have mentioned this before, but there is also a talk that Elder Scott gave that I'm going to send home towards the end of my mission that I want Joshua to watch and take with him on his mission (if he leaves before I get home) after you make a copy of it on my/any computer. My mission president said it's "really hard" to get a hold of (in other words, you won't be able to find one) but I requested a copy and so he's going to make a copy for everybody to have one. 
Weather update:
Saturday it rained all the day long. It's the most I've been out in the rain for a while. This past week there also there was a tornado warning. I've had two of them since I've been here. The one last week shouldn't have even counted as one, but the first one I remember it being pretty windy.
He's enjoying life. Write hime or comment here when you have a chance! He'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment