What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, March 26, 2012

"I am learning lots, lots and lots and lots."


Humidity amplifies the weather, you know that? After this upcoming weekend I don't need to wear a suit anymore at all till fall sometime . . . how nice.

I don't remember if I talked about Bianca last week, but Elder Cahoon and I found somebody who just moved to Greenwood from Summerville and had never talked to missionaries before... how about that? (both of our last areas were Summerville). She'll come to church one of these days, she'll probably watch conference this upcomming weekend.

We had three investigators at church yesterday... it should have been 4 for us though... oh well, not really sure why Jalen didn't show... He's our most solid investigator. Our district will hopefully have 5 people baptized next month between the four of us. That would be great to be part of that.

Hmph... don't know what else to say... we cleaned the kitchen this morning? and vacummed our room? (That's normal, don't be thinking bad of me).

I've come to realize that a large magority of the people we talk to are stuck in the "wicked traditions of their fathers" quite literally. They won't make an effort to change because they have been grown up being taught something else their whole lives, so it must be true! ("My mother wouldn't lie to me." "My pasture wouldn't lead me astray.") . . . and then there are those people that know the church they attend is wrong but think every church is wrong so they pick one to fit their personality because they know it's good to go to church, but they won't try out this one because satan works hard to lead them astray. Most everybody though is very nice... "southern hospitality" is a true term. I have had people offer us dinner lots, but usually I have already eaten. Nobody wants to accept any service though. That's too bad, we would have slid in conversation gospel stuff (which is probably why they turned us down, or they may feel like they owe us something, which they wouldn't, but they'd owe God more). People try to talk to us a lot about politics stuff.

("I'm voting for Romney", "I'm not voting for Romney", "who are you voting for?")
"Yaaaa, we don't talk about that stuff, just vote for who you feel will make the country better. Whose beliefs are aligned with yours" ... "No, not all Mormons vote for Romney nor are encouraged to by the Church."

Put simply: I am learning lots, lots and lots and lots. I don't know even where to start... the "deep" in "deep doctrine" just means you don't understand it yet . . . I really enjoy that stuff, even though I should be studying it less because that's not what I'll be teaching investigators probably; it helps me discover new ways to simply answer questions that take lots of time, persistance, dedication, and the Spirit to understand. (As you see I like to justify my actions...I'm working on that).

No comments:

Post a Comment