What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Testimony to Mission President Holm


President Holm! I am very glad that I have the opportunity to share with you my testimony for your birthday; Sister Holm is very sweet to compile all of our testimonies for you.

I have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have faith in what Preach My Gospel says in that as we study those salvation principles, namely: faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end, that our knowledge, wisdom, and faith on these principals and ordinances will continue to grow and we will be able to share more easily, using the spirit of discernment, the importance of following the path the savior has set for us with investigators. I know that my Savior provided an infinite and eternal sacrifice for each and every one of us to lean on. A foundation of Christ is strongly impressed in the scriptures and I know that as I continue to lean upon this sure foundation, a foundation that will not fall, that Christ will deliver me. This recent general conference left a strong impression on me with the importance of building our families together in the Gospel. We as a mission are one big family and I know that as I use those principals that were taught in general conference now within our mission that blessings will flow and peace will be shared to all of those people out there in our mission boundaries that make an effort to progress towards Christ. I know that my Savior loves me an amount that I cannot yet comprehend. I am touched when I read in 3 Nephi when Christ prays for the Nephites and Lamanites in the land. He loves them so much that they couldn't even write how awesome it was; I know that Jesus Christ and out Heavenly Father loves us that much today as well and really truly does want to best for us. I can't wait (I actually can, no need to get worried) until I get to return to my God that gave me life. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's kingdom once again restored on the earth. I know that I am here in Greenwood because this is where I can make the most difference in other people's lives for the better (including my own). I know that as I continue to study the scriptures that new things will be expounded unto me. I know that my God will provide for me my needs throughout my life. Even though I come from the dust of the earth, God will still provide for me because he loves me. I know that God will bless me for my diligence and persistence and willingness to share the Gospel with the people of the South Carolina Columbia Mission; I know he is shaping my life for future years to come for the better. I love my brothers and sisters here in South Carolina; I frequently wish they knew how much I care for them. I am grateful to Heavenly Father for providing leadership for me to guide and direct me towards helping others come unto Christ. I know my redeemer lives. I know the gospel of Jesus Christ was restored through Joseph Smith. I know that the priesthood authority here on the earth brings us into covenants with our Father in Heaven that we otherwise may not have been able to get. I love my Heavenly Father. I love the Prophet that God has provided for us, namely President Thomas Spencer Monson. I know that God is preparing me for my great potential to carry out his great work. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment