What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Happenings in South Carolina

I get a new companion this Wednesday, Elder Cahoon is going elsewhere... hope I get somebody that will help me grow the most.

Yesterday, I made cinnamon rolls... they were/are good. (That was my lunch yesterday and dinner too, but didn't eat any till after 9 when I got back home later) (I didn't have time for anything else).

I was reminded in a letter that I don't think I finished the story of the keys I locked in the car... well, he Patterson family's house had the car in front of it and before I got there the next morning they had already called somebody to unlock it and had it ready for me to take and wouldn't accept my to pay them back for it. such nice members.

I don't know if I told you last week, but the three of us sang in church last week.

Background: except for once, which I had a picture of myself taken in, every time I went outside the rain stopped, no matter how much it was raining, always. I haven't been in the rain for more than 5 minutes yet because we were in somebody's home or we are eating lunch or dinner or asleep, except for once. Yesterday, it was pouring rain... pouring... and I didn't have a jacket (except for my super heavy duty snow/rain/anything jacket) and wouldn't have worn one if I did have one because I explained to my companion that I wanted to get soaked, because I have "missed" all of the rain my whole mission thus far. Well, yesterday was no different, it significantly slowed in how much it was raining once I made it outside and stopped in 5 minutes. Well, before the rain stopped completely (we were walking because my companion doesn't like to have the tires of our bikes spraying us from the dirty water on the street), a car stopped by us and basically threw a jacket at me and drove off (handed it to me out her window without letting me say "no thank you" really fast) ... it's is a perfect fit too. So now I have a pretty cool jacket, because somebody saw me walking in the rain without one and decided I needed one. (No idea who it was but I think that person lives in my apartment complex somewhere.)


Here are some photos sent to us by Elder Benjamin Walker:






No comments:

Post a Comment