What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, April 30, 2012

My New Companion


It's a good thing you asked me about my companion... probably would have forgotten... there are two new elders here in Greenwood: Elder Peterson (my companion, knew Elder Cahoon in West Jordan Utah, they worked together) and Elder Ah Kuoi (Elder Fisher's companion, 75% Samoan, 25% Chinese, brand new missionary).

Elder Peterson and I will have lots of success, I'm sure. his stomach is the size of a pea. he used to be able to dunk a basketball ("his" sport). fun. nice. understanding.

We gave [Elder Fisher and Elder Ah Kuoi] the car full time... now we're on bikes all day every day. It's ok though, it's a good growth opportunity, and gives us more of a motivation for us to use member's help in lessons.

We have been putting a focus on less-active members recently... and on finding service opportunities.


I assume that Jacoby's talk was his farewell talk?  It'll be good that he is learned about Doctrine and Covenants 4, he'll probably have to memorize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment