What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Two in One

Monday, April 9, 2012
Elder Cahoon and I love each other. we really do work well together and enjoy each other's personalities, I'm glad I'm able to have him work as my companion this short period of time. I hope he doesn't get transfered this upcoming transfer (in a week or two I think). I want more time to go out and do work with him.

Yesterday we went "ghetto stomping". There tends to be lots of people to talk to (because most of them don't work) but few people that keep commitments or those people that don't have the accessibility to make it to church; a lot of them put too big of a burden on the ward members because they frequently aren't ready or home when the member goes to pick them up for church. We usually track in richer neighborhoods and we get a lot of slammed doors or definite "no's" or pretty solid "yes's", or nice people that have already made up their minds about what they are going to do in their lives.

There are so many funny things that Elder Cahoon and I do together... Elder Cahoon makes a note of all of the funny things in his planner... he has too much to write about each week. Some day (like in several years) I'll have to get a copy of his emails he sent home so I can get a record of the stuff that happens with us; he is so much better about writing in his journal and typing this stuff up than I am.
Something else about Elder Cahoon, is that he knows every song, every band, movie, video game, and I know none of it. So it's interesting to be with him as our interests are so different outside of the mission. He's going to start a band after he gets done with his mission, I told him that his songs would be the only one's that I'll buy. I'll be his biggest fan because I can tell everybody that he doesn't even compare to anybody else for me for how good he is.


Monday, April 16, 2012
I got to pick my own strawberries for dinner out in a strawberry field, reminded me of you, mother, when you had a job to do that. We ended up taking a lot home; they were good.

The same person who we picked the strawberries with for dinner owns 500 acres of land about 150 cows,  horses (13 of them were over $400,000 together, but he's got lots more than that), and a couple bulls. One of his horses won first price in something in the last olympics in Europe somewhere. Some of his horses are trained to run sideways and backwards while running from angry bulls.

We had 5 people come to church this Sunday. We had a lot of people expected to come but none of them came except for one among the five. (Hope you understood that). Isn't it weird how the people that you don't expect to do stuff do and vise versa? it is.

More news: I've been in a trio companionship for the past week, and since we've been in a trio we have had some great and awesome lessons with investigators. On Wednesday president called us and asked me if we had any plans that evening, then told us to get a hold of the other companionship in our district and tell them to call president. Shortly later the other two called us and told us to head back home. One of them needed to leave for an emergency transfer (Elder Lavulo); it's too bad, we all miss him. So he packed all his stuff in two hours and we drove to the mission home in columbia. We ate dinner with president and sister holm and drove back without Elder Lavulo. Rhis upcoming tuesday Elder Fisher is going to get another companion for one week (next week is transfer week), a Spanish companion. That will be fun to have him around starting tomorrow for the next week. I always wanted to learn Spanish. (not that I'm going to get the opportunity to, and I won't, but I can still hope for it.) Since our trio companionship since Wednesday, we have had some great lessons with people and they have felt the spirit unmistakably. It's different working with a trio, I can see where it would cause some limitations and give advantage to us. (for instance going into a single women's home can't be done with 2 elders, there needs to be a third person).

No comments:

Post a Comment