What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Biking... or not?

This past week has been amazing to say the least. First of all, our area is the only all-biking area in our zone (zone usually equals stake). Last Thursday traveling missionaries came to our apartment to go on splits with us. The English elder, Elder Olsen, came with us and the Spanish elder went with the other two spanish elders in our apartment. Because the "traveling" missionaries travel a lot, they have an infinite amount of distance they can travel in the car. They are the only one's not limited on how many miles they can go in a month. After about an hour of being out teaching, Elder Olsen's companion called and asked him to come back to the apartment because he was very sick and Sister Holm told him to sleep it off (he slept a good 16 hours... wow). So we got permission to use their car that has unlimited miles on it. Our area is pretty small, but we made good use of the miles, and it couldn't have been on a better day, it was very very hot that day. We'd walk to a door 30 feet away then walk back and be drenched in sweat. I'm am very grateful for the car that day. then we changed his plans and had Elder Olsen stay with us for Friday too. Hurray! Both days were very effective days. It was amazing the things that I learned from Elder Olsen. He is a very good missionary. He knows how to love the people at the same time as being bold. I learned a good number of things from him, and someday when you read what I've typed to President Holm, you'll get part of the rest of the story. I have learned that I need to bear my testimony more frequently and that I need to be more bold and loving at the same time...

On top of that, one of the Spanish missionaries, Elder Sinclair, was waiting for his visa so he can serve his mission in Argentina. How fun is that? He'll be on the plane next week Monday. I don't know if that means Elder Bowman (the other Spanish missionary) will be moving somewhere else or if someone else will be moving in to our apartment. I think it's likely that Elder Bowman will leave, but that will mean that we don't have a car that we can use to get to church or to Walmart to buy food, because it'd be a little ridiculous to bike to them each week. We'll see what that means; but if Elder Bowman leaves, we might get the car; we'll find out.

This Thursday and Friday, my companion will be going to some meeting that I don't get to go to, so I'll team up with other missionaries those two days, and then on Saturday one of our investigators is going to have a baptismal interview, so I'll go on an exchange with one of our zone leaders for the day. It'll be an adventure week, I'll be going half the week to different areas. It'll be fun, that's for sure.

hasta luego! en dos anos!

No comments:

Post a Comment