What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, October 1, 2012

A Neat Miracle


I copied this from what I emailed to my president:
Yesterday, we tracted into a sister who was baptized in her teens who's records are not in our roster. Almost immediately she told us about her children that she's been taking them to a lot of different churches, Baptist, Jehovah Witness, Catholic, etc. but that she's been saving Mormon for last because she wants her kids to stay with Mormon. (Her logic is kind of off for taking them to all the false churches first, but her kids didn't like any of the other churches so that made her happy). She has 4 kids, a 9 year old, 8 year old, 6 and 2 year old too. Hurray! One of the first things that came out of her mouth at the door was: "I'm looking to get my kids baptized in the Mormon Church." and ended with: "I'm glad you came by."

That was a neat miracle.

I am excited for General Conference this upcoming weekend too! This will be my second one on my mission I'm pretty sure. I hear all of the time that watching conference as a missionary is tons more fulfilling than watching it as a normal member. I kind of agree. From reading the Ensigns I get much more out of the talks than I have anytime else before my mission. I hope to continue to increase in the inspiration that I am supposed to come to an understanding of and to remember it, or write it somewhere where I'll remember to look over it. I'm sure I'll be very inspired this upcoming conference (and I'm eating ice cream right before the priesthood session, I'm looking forward to that also).

The time difference puts the priesthood session ending at 10pm on Saturday. That is pretty late.

Los amo
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment