What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Life and Growth


We had a fun announcement Saturday morning: in two weeks, on the 3rd of November, Elder Bednar will come and have a mission wide missionary-only conference with us. That will be fun.

I did get the packages [for his birthday].  Thank you for the 3 ties, the 4 shirts, the dark chocolate, the ballot, the letter, the rice crispies (they are pretty stale... I only ate a bite, I didn't open the package until my birthday two days after I received the one from home. It's the thought that counts though, so thank you) for the hot chocolate, the monster cup, and everything else that I am forgetting.

Our awesome investigators that I may have mentioned about last week are struggling to keep appointments. Which is unfortunate, because they are still pretty awesome people. However, we have found some pretty cool new investigators to baptize this past week. If we are on top of things we'll help 5 more people be baptized in the upcoming future. They all excepted the commitment to be baptized, but we've only had one lesson with each of them so we can't really exercise righteous judgement on them yet for how solid they are. (They seem pretty solid though for the little amount of time I've had to know them.) I intend to send out one of my camera memory cards today. I'm going to send the other one once I get the other one back. There are some files on each of the cards that are too large for my camera to transfer to the other card. So I'm going to send both of them home (you'll receive duplicates probably).

Throughout my mission, I occasionally have the strength to pray for patience or to develop charity or something of the sort then later in those days think to myself, "Why did I pray for that again? Why did I pray for hard things? Aren't things hard enough? Why would I ask for trials?" because I receive them. (Believe me, God is willing to send trials our way if we ask for them if we think it will make us stronger.) Yesterday I had my inspiration for the day that came from a realization of how much patience and charity I am actually given from God when I pray for it. There were some things that happened yesterday that took a great deal of patience and charity particularly and looking back on that time I saw that there was no other way that I could have been as happy as I was had I not started that process of developing that unconditional love and patience for my brothers and sisters months earlier. I had a great day yesterday. Four months ago yesterday would have been a terrible day. It is really cool to see how the Atonement actually works on ourselves. When I can actually see the difference it makes for me in my own life in not a very great amount of time.

My time is spent
Hasta Luego!
Los Amo
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment