What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, October 8, 2012

General Conference


The announcement about the age change to serve a mission truly brightened up everyone's attitude. I was afraid that I wasn't going to see Joshua in about 4 years because if he'd leave shortly after June, that's how it'd end up, now it's only 3-3.5 years. That's a little better. Keep me updated with Ryan's call and Joshua's and anyone else that is going to go on a mission.

Conference was awesome. They had a whole talk specifically for investigators that were listening in Saturday morning. I enjoyed the Saturday morning, Priesthood, and last half of Sunday morning the best and the last half of Sunday afternoon next best. It kind of amazed me how much I was almost expecting what was going to be said. For example: remember Jeffery R Holland's talk? That was quite similar to his other talk that I sent you. I've also shaken hands with a few of the people that talked, such as Elder Gonzalez. (He's probably the only one, besides clapping hands with President Monson at the jamboree). It was fun to connect with the people a lot more than normal. I took 20 pages of notes throughout it all. I tried to find every scripture they made a reference to; I probably got a little under half of them written down. They quoted pieces of scripture all over the place. That was a fun consistent scripture hunt. I was thinking about my seminary class questioner. I'm sure I'd do a lot better job now than ever before. When on a mission, it is definitely easier to be inspired with things when you hear general conference talks because I have have been led into good habits to do things that bring the spirit.

I'll decipher my conference notes over the next few weeks and make a collection of the most important things I learned and send it to someone in a letter... just like you though, praying to recognize and act on everyday service opportunities how little and inconspicuous they may seem is on that list.

Joshua, remember my friend Elder Grayson Conner Bowman that I told you to go see the family of? Well, he's headed home this Wednesday or Thursday and will be home before Friday, so you should stop by to say "hi" to him this upcoming weekend for me.

"Suit season" is back. That means we are to wear our suits in any weather under 75 degrees. My suit is pretty sun bleached. Thus today I am going to buy a suit coat that matches one of my many other non-suit pants, to use that as my suit. This Wednesday is transfers. Elder McGuire is leaving and a new missionary is coming. Elder Zurita (Elder Boman's current companion from Equador (not where Jacoby is) is going to train a new missionary this upcoming transfer. That will be fun for all of us.

I love being a missionary! and Joshua and Ryan will too!
Los Amo,
Elder Benjamin Ray Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment