What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Testimony of the Work


For the next couple weeks we are going to find investigators and help them get to church and feel the spirit and get baptized! Hurray! My new companion is Elder Brinkerhoff. He's from Murray, Utah. He has a very inclined electrical engineering mind. He's the boldest missionary I've been around. He's ever so bold. Being bold is a good thing. I need to learn how to be loving and more bold, and he'll be the perfect teacher for me to change so. I am grateful that God gives us the strength to overcome our circumstances. Whether it be through actual physical health, a desire or determination strength, a connection with the spirit strength, or a strength or courage. In all those things (and more I'm sure) God doesn't take away our struggles, he doesn't remove them, he gives us the power to overcome them; why would he take away the opposing force that will do nothing but strengthen our testimonies and establish a venue for which God can bless us when we use our agency correctly and seek Christ for strength to resist, overcome, or remove our problems for ourselves? Our Father is a perfect father. He teaches us how to help ourselves. As missionaries that is what I strive for. I don't remove obstacles of our investigators (except with some service opportunities), I help them know where they can go to to receive that strength on their own so they will learn to trust God more and so that they may be blessed in the way God wants them to be.

I love being a missionary. Joshua is going to love being a missionary. Robert is going to love being a missionary. There's nothing bad about it. When we go forward with full purpose of heart, having faith in Christ, we recognize we have no need to fear the tulmultuous winds, the raging fires. When we stay focused on Christ and do not waver, we truly can command in the name of Jesus, and ther very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea.

I love you all a lot and I know you love me too. Be safe. I'll see you eventually.
Elder Benjamin Ray Walker

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! One year ago today you ended the MTC. I am humbled and awed by the spiritual growth I have seen in You. What a wonderful plan Heavenly Father has provided for growth and development of charity and knowledge. Keep up the good work! (I know you won't read this until your return, but I don't get to call you today and wish you Happy Birthday.). Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete