What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Weekend


I want to comment a little bit about insights I've had about what I've learned from the talks and scriptures I've read recently (this is what has been on my mind lately):

Joseph Smith did not have any more resources to the gospel than we have. In fact we have an incredibly larger abundance if resources whereby we may grow from than he started with. There is no reason we can't develop the faith, the trust, in God to grow with such great magnitude as any of the prophets you have read about.

I don't think we come close to comprehending what great spirits we have. We have super-delux spirits that have been blessed with a body that is in the image of God. We are a lot more spiritually devoloped than we probably think we are, or think others are. Even the most evil person you can think of has an amazing spirit. It's hard to comprehend.

We are preparing for ordinances that we are striving to accept later after we die; two of which I'll mention: the immortal body, the ability to have spiritual children.

The reason general conference so many times talks about general principals of the gospel is because general conference is to the whole world. The apostles/prophets need to keep a "cap" on things that they know when speaking to the whole world or a large group of people. They may not all be ready for it. You get an apostle alone in a small group and he will expound the scriptures in ways you may have never thought of if you are ready for it. They are very very good at teaching to our needs. The spirit truly does know all things. One of my favorite quotes is from a talk Joseph Smith gave when he said that he knew more than the whole world combined, or not him, but the Holy Ghost does, who is with him.

Questions are good, they are very good. If we don't think of questions, how will we progress? We ought not be satisfied with our spiritual strength ever. Never ever. God won't settle for anything less than what our potential is and he will remind us through trials or other ways unless we knowingly choose not to accept the blessings that we have been granted, in which God can do no more because of our agency.

We are rediculously blessed. It is truly remarkable what a great Heavenly Father we have. He is all knowing, he has all wisdom, he is omnipotent, he is omnipresent. His dominion resides over everything. How marvelous the Plan of our Eternal God! I think Jacob in the Book of Mormon said something to the effect of: "My fathers have taught you the Plan of Salvation, what more can I teach?" And I'm starting to understand why he said that. I am starting to bearly notice what would happen if I were to grasp the immense genious of the plan. The Plan of Happiness, The Plan of Salvation, the Plan that gets us back to live with our Eternal Heavenly Father. The Plan that enables us to enjoy the blessings that God himself enjoys. Do the scriptures not say that nothing will make you more happy than to bring souls unto Christ? I haven't fully figured that one out yet, but I read about once we understand the prophets more, the scriptures more, the plan more, we will come to understand the value of a soul and what an immense blessing it is to bring souls unto Christ.

Eternal life consists of living the kind of life that God lives! This is what we are striving for. Did you just understand what I said? As I've said before, we can live the kind of life that He lives, enjoy the blessings He enjoys. is not this worth any miniscule pain or suffering or patience that we barely get exposed to? I am quite sure that if we did not pass through the veil of forgetfullness that we would undoubtedly do all that we can to withstand any suffering, to forgive and repent over anything, ANYTHING. There is no pain nor suffering that is not worth triumphing through in the moment of to prepare us for greater things to come in the future. none whatsoever that is not worth it.

If only we understood the inspired counsel that God's prophets have given us, to what extent it effects us. Our little peanut brain cannot comprehend all that God has for us. His wisdom is infinite in all things.

Oh dear and beloved family: I love you all. I really really do. I want the best for all of you. Joshua and Robert and Monica if you so choose to, I would not pass up a mission in this time in my life for anything. Mother and Father, it wouldn't surprise me if you two choose to serve another mission later in your life as well. It is awesome! Satan tries to have us dwell on missionary work as boring, life interrupting or not worth it... Well, Satan is wrong. It is what you make it. There is great potential in all of our lives. Greater than we can imagine I'm sure. God's guiding us there. we need to make the most with what we are given.

No comments:

Post a Comment