What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Stuff Happened


This past Sunday I gave a talk. The youth 5 minute speaker called the bishopric Thursday and told him he/she couldn't speak that Sunday.

I had a little over 2 hours to prepare for it (probably more like 3). The talk was on "How Heavenly Father uses Dreams to proclaim prophetic truths".

There was another speaker who called us because she couldn't get hold of the bishopric member Sunday morning to tell him that because of family sickness she needed to stay home to take care of them. So my companion spoke too.

I talked about all of the dreams that Joseph (son of Jacob, with coat of many colors) encountered and for what purpose the dreams were given. I never looked at the time until I was done speaking... I finished at the 45min mark (church starts at 10, so 10:45). Apparently it was really long, detailed and had some good insights. Right after I finished, the bishopric told Elder Peterson to make sure his is really short... he talked on the dream that Daniel interpreted, King Nebuchadnezzar's. He did a good job. We then had a special song sung by one of the youth as an intermediate hymn (not a hymn though). The third speaker was told to take all the time he needed to finish his talk. And he did. But it was not more than 10-15 minutes long, it was Damarquis Harrison (you may have heard of him, he played basketball for BYU last year) who is preparing for a mission soon. We got out of sacrament late... whoops, my fault, it was much longer than 5 minutes. But church in itself was very very good. I had lots of inspiring moments. Great sabbath day.

Missionary work is awesome. It's hard sometimes, but totally worth it. I don't know how somebody looking at what we do from a normal person's point of view could see this as fun and truely uplifting unless they have gone on one themselves before. It applys John 17:7 promise very well for me. You'll gain a testimony of what you do after you do it and have the right mind set while doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment