What exactly are you going to do on your mission?
I have accepted the calling to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints so that I may share the gospel to those who are yearning to know of the truth of the gospel. I have answers to questions that people don't even know to ask. I am going to tell people where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I will explain to everyone that will listen why Christ is the center of the Plan of Happiness and why the Atonement that Jesus Christ has provided for us is necessary for our salvation.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Special Day: Biked more than we ever had

I've had some awesome activities this past week, and some less-awesome mountains to climb. It's been a week full of adventure... Elder Fisher and Elder Ah Kuoi baptized a new member of the church. We had some good investigators at church. We had a ward picnic and it was awesome: lots and lots of amazing food. We ought to have more investigators on date to be baptized next month within this coming week. One of the days we biked 47.1 miles in one day. (I usually don't keep track of it, but this day was special because I knew we biked more than we ever had before.) We played basketball with some members last preparation day, some LA's and investigators were supposed to come, but none did.

"Food" for thought:
I don't know if I told you about the letter I sent Elder Sean Burnham with fudge in it, I double bagged two good size pieces of them... Well apparently the bags leaked and the fudge melted and blobbed all over the very very good and inspired letter I wrote him... bummer. It was a really good letter. He said the fudge tasted good though.

I'm sorry I'm short on words today, I'm just not in the mood to tell you what's been going on right now...
Greenwood Ward consists of lots and lots of nice members. I've come to discover that it really doesn't (and shouldn't) matter to the missionary where you are at in the world sharing the gospel. We are where our leaders have been inspired to put us because we will help the work move along to the fullest in that area if we all do our part. The church is so inspired and awesome...

Oh, this past week we also got to hear from "Elder Walker" a general authority over all of the temples in the world. It was a really awesome "mission tour" meeting.

Tis all I have to say, till next time!
Elder Benjamin Ray Walker

(@")@ <("<)
(above: two Kirby's fighting)

No comments:

Post a Comment